Getting back on the Horse

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Getting back on the Horse

Postby Slipery » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:21 pm

After a long hiatus brought about by disgust with the QUBE dual extruder I have decide to try and breath life back into my OLD Hadron.
Upgraded Marlin to 1-0.2.2
and made the following changes
in pins.h remove comment from #define RAMPS_V_1_3
in the configuration.h
#define MOTHERBOARD 33
#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1 ;100k
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 4 ;10k
#define INVERT_E0_DIR true ;Left MK8 Extruder
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 5, 45}
#define X_MAX_POS 200
#define Y_MAX_POS 200
#define Z_MAX_POS 150
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {79.6965,79.6965,2560, 93.36304}
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER

I have modified the QUBE dual extruder back to a single and modified it with MK8 spring acting lever and PTFE lined tube along with 100k thermistor and that all seems to be working good now.
I was using blue painters tape and Glue stick to get a bond to the bed with PLA and that was working with a 10mm test qube but when I went up to 20mm the PLA would not stick to the bed (would curl up once I got up to about 2mm.
So I Have moved to a glass platen using thinned PVA wood glue and found that the heater does not work

Have I missed something in the configuration file. A quick check of the D8 pin of the RAMPS board shows that it is not changing when I switch the bed on using pronterface.
Slipery

Re: Getting back on the Horse

Postby Slipery » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:51 am

OK thanks everyone problem solved turned out I made a mistake with the value of the Bed Thermistor it should be 100K changed that and turns out what was I thought dash 19 as measured temperature was actually minus 19. Dont understand why "min temperature" did not show but that is for another day. Now back to makeing a cube stick to the bed. Baby steps.
Slipery

Return to ORD Bot