2017 ORD Bot Build?

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

2017 ORD Bot Build?

Postby Josephur » Sat May 13, 2017 7:13 am

I cannot find a recent build log for a modern ORD Bot setup. This would be my first 3d printer build from the ground up. I already have the frame, end stops and motors but what I need is current recommendations for:
Controller Board
Cables
Extruder
Hot End
Print Bed
Filament

I would love to build my first from scratch 3d printer using my ORD Bot frame, but finding information that is current related to ORD seems a bit hard. Anyone?
Josephur

Re: 2017 ORD Bot Build?

Postby criznach » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:28 am

I'm seeing this a little late, but I built one a few years ago and still use it regularly. Did you build one? Mine uses...

RAMPS 1.4 + generic Arduino Mega 2560
Some pre-made cables with mesh wrap from ebay or amazon, some custom with molex locking connectors at the carriage. Routed through the frame is the way to go!
Greg's wade reloaded extruder - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18379
e3d v5 hot end
Mk2b bed with glass and spring clips
I've printed 3mm PLA, ABS, and PETG from matterhackers, maker geeks, and hobbyking.
criznach

Re: 2017 ORD Bot Build?

Postby Josephur » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:26 am

Now that the Prusa MK3 printer is out with some very innovative interesting features I can't decide if I want to put the effort into the ORD Bot, or go that route...

Be very cool to see an ORD Bot II that incorporates at least the fan shroud design, magnetic metal powder coated heat bed, and 24v 256 micro stepping.. decesions decesions..
Josephur

Return to ORD Bot