New DSP with color display.

Discussions and help on this commercial controller.

Moderator: twehr

Re: New DSP with color display.

Postby GiriPod » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks for the update.

I'm in the process of pulling everthing together for a 2.x laser build and am waiting for the latest kit from Bart, so can wait a while before ordering the DSP as the kit isn't shipping until July.

Please keep all of us updated on your testing of the unit and when/if an improved LCD panel will be available.
GiriPod

Postby liaoh75 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi Marco,

Does this new color LCD panel work with the existing AWC-608 DSP or is it a completely new product all together? Will the work flow be still the same? Corel --> Lasercad --> DSP

Thanks,

David
liaoh75

Postby soehler » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi Marco

How much does it cost (new display + dsp), if I want to order one right now ?

Thanks

Sergio
soehler

Postby twehr » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:43 am

soehler wrote:Hi Marco

How much does it cost (new display + dsp), if I want to order one right now ?

Thanks

Sergio

Marco is in China right now, so you may not get a response right away. I know he is very busy there.
tim
--
"The answer is usually easy and obvious once you know what it is." tw

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby soehler » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks Tim !

Sergio
soehler

Postby liaoh75 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:11 am

Hi Marco or anyone who knows,

I was just wondering if there is any news about this new color interface controller. Not trying to rush anyone, just interested in the new product.

Thank you so much,

David
liaoh75

Postby twehr » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 am

liaoh75 wrote:Hi Marco or anyone who knows,

I was just wondering if there is any news about this new color interface controller. Not trying to rush anyone, just interested in the new product.

Thank you so much,

David

Marco returned from China this weekend. I am sure after he gets his timing back, he will respond.
tim
--

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

Postby nephertiti » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi, any news :)?
nephertiti

Postby Speedythinker » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm

nephertiti wrote:Hi, any news :)?

A total new design DSP with G-Code + color display should be available in two months. I'm working on a 'feature list' to add as many features as possible to the new DSP. Note that this DSP is making from different manufacturer and it support G-Code in additional to the graphic guru. That way, you can save your hard work without redesign new drawing.
It's only licensed to me to sell retail to oversee. If you find anyone to sell it oversea, they're not an authorized seller and I refuse to provide any support.
FYI, the color display will show the process dynamically. We're trying to add a portable LCD unit that a big machine may get beneficial without running back and fro for reading display!
I will get a sample unit in about a month for preliminary test. Then, I’ll post what I found here

Marco
Attachments
DSP_New2.jpg
DSP_New1_MainBoard.jpg
DSP_New1.jpg
Speedythinker

Postby twehr » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Speedythinker wrote:
nephertiti wrote:Hi, any news :)?

A total new design DSP with G-Code + color display should be available in two months. I'm working on a 'feature list' to add as many features as possible to the new DSP. Note that this DSP is making from different manufacturer and it support G-Code in additional to the graphic guru. That way, you can save your hard work without redesign new drawing.
It's only licensed to me to sell retail to oversee. If you find anyone to sell it oversea, they're not an authorized seller and I refuse to provide any support.
FYI, the color display will show the process dynamically. We're trying to add a portable LCD unit that a big machine may get beneficial without running back and fro for reading display!
I will get a sample unit in about a month for preliminary test. Then, I’ll post what I found here

Marco

Marco,

I notice in the image of the main board, there is what appears to be a DB25 connector. That would indicate the potential use of a computer parallel port. What interface capabilities will this have?

USB?
Ethernet?
Parallel?
All the above?

Is all data presented to the card as G-Code or is that just optional?
tim
--

DIYLaser Blog
SemiHomemadeTools.com
twehr

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller