QU-BD and PLA

General discussion of 3D printers

Re: QU-BD and PLA

Postby bdring » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 pm

I was playing with the speed without much affect on the results. I am at 30 right now. I run 65 on the delta with ABS.

I thought that acceleration might be stripping the filament and lowered that a lot for PLA, but that did not do much either. So far the retract has been the best fix.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

There is hope

Postby robotdad » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:21 am

Ahhhh....

So. I changed to .5 and it still was bad. I watched the gear motion again, worked fine up until it would be coming out the end, and retraction it would turn. I disassembled the whole thing and hmmm. The set screw had come loose, the gear wasn't on there at all. So, fix that and I get out the best 15mm cube I've ever gotten. Pyramid! No dice. That one has a lot of retraction and flaws are revealed. I got a couple mm high on the hollow posts, very nice looking, no threads. Then it would jam, or something, just go to pot. At least once, and maybe always, it was mechanical. I used a screw I had on hand for attaching the bearing. It's a bit thicker than low profile so my bolts aren't as tight as they should be because it rubs on the heat sink. So once a screw worked itself loose attaching the heatsink fan etc. during the retract moves. Got that back on there, tried lighter retraction of .2 and .1. While nothing worked loose still bad results after a couple mm high on the posts. Setting aside for the evening I tried something simpler and now I have bed adhesion issues. However I see what looks like filament too high on the tip, near the ceramic. Looks like a leak. <sigh/>

Good night. Try again tomorrow.
robotdad

Uhg

Postby robotdad » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:07 pm

So, when I made my changes last night I also swapped out the qu-bd motor for one with a flat on it. Well, diassembling that today what do I find? Well there does appear to be a leak where the tip meets the cartridge. I think that's my fault as I bumped it while I was adjusting something else last night. But the shaft is loose again. The set screw seems to have wormed its way back out of the mk7 gear. Anyone got any suggestions on that while I go file flats on these qu-bd motors?

Oh, and I'm also solving my bearing screw issue by just filing down the plastic part a bit. One done and that seems fine now. Not sure why that never occurred to me before.
robotdad

Re: Uhg

Postby StigOE » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:21 pm

robotdad wrote:The set screw seems to have wormed its way back out of the mk7 gear. Anyone got any suggestions on that while I go file flats on these qu-bd motors?

Threadlocker?
StigOE

Re: QU-BD and PLA

Postby orcinus » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Maybe rethread for a bigger set screw as well?
orcinus

Previous

Return to 3D Printer General Discussion