Tube/Power Supply Question

Questions, Suggestions, Tips, Etc

Tube/Power Supply Question

Postby jkittle99 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:34 am

So I've got sort of a 2 fold question. I'm looking around and preparing to order my tube and laser power supply, and light object is out of stock. I noticed that Keiling (err Automation Technologies Inc) has some 40 watt tubes and power supplies. Has anybody used this? Are all the chinese tubes the same, or are there variations? The specs looked very close.

Part 2 of the question - I notice when looking at the power supply that ATI sells, and the tube, the voltage ratings dont exactly match up. Is this going to be an issue? I mean, we're talking kilovolts here. For example, the ATI tube has the follwing specs 20kv trigger, 15kv operating, ~18ma. The power supply he sells is rated at 26kv triggering (6kv higher than the tube), 22kv operating (7kv higher than the tube), and 20-26ma. The current figures dont have me terrified, but the voltage rating differentials sort of do....

Thoughts/Experience to share?

Thanks!
jkittle99

Re: Tube/Power Supply Question

Postby jkittle99 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Well LO is still out of stock, so I pulled the trigger on the tube and powersupply from Keiling. I'll report back with my review and status. I've got the remainder of my electronics on order, so the DSP, Stepper Drivers, Motors, Limit Switches, and Power Supplies are accounted for. Hopefully Fastenal ships my order SOMEDAY and I can get the mecahnical part of the build completed. Talk about slow.
jkittle99

Postby vtmactech » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:25 am

Have you had time to mess with the tube/power supply? Thanks.
vtmactech

Postby jkittle99 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:58 am

They arrived just fine, but I haven't had a chance to power things up yet. I've got to quit being lazy and order my CO2 glasses already! I wasn't gonna power things on until I had appropriate eye protection. I'll order them now, thanks for the nudge :P
jkittle99

Return to 2.x Laser Support