Quantum Delta

General discussion of 3D printers

Filament Feeder

Postby bdring » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:40 pm

We made a lazy Susan filament feeder last week at PS1. It has a 1/2" diameter nylon bolt with a hole drilled through it. That bolts a flange bearing to the top. A disk to support the spool is glued onto that. The rest should be pretty easy to understand.

feeder1.JPG

feeder2.JPG
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Re: Quantum Delta

Postby bdring » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:34 am

I switched to Repetier Firmware just for the fun of it and it appears to work better. I don't recall why I made the switch to Marlin a while back. I am cranking out some pretty darn near flawless little squirrels in black PLA.
rep_squr.JPG
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby orcinus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Are you using the built in ooze prevention system?
If yes, how's that working for you and how do you have it set up (if it's not a problem)?

I gave up on it and am using KISSlicer's pre-generated retraction because OPS was being too buggy, then, after upgrading to newer version, i couldn't get it tuned in no matter what i did (kept getting perimeter artifacts from it).
orcinus

Postby bdring » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:30 pm

I am using the features in Kiss. For some reason the retract was a lot slower in Repetier with the same settings. It did not affect quality, but slowed down the overall print time. I just boosted the speed in Kiss, but it seemed strange.

Kiss is great, but one feature they need is separate G-Code settings per machine. I constantly have to edit out some g-code that is there for the Hadron. The Quantum Delta has no heated bed.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby orcinus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:17 pm

The problem i had with Repetier OPS was exactly that - too slow - and more importantly, it'd sometimes dwell above a spot while completing a retract cycle and melt the layers beneath.

Which version of KISS are you using? The latest RC of 1.1.0 has per-printer custom gcode (and other settings), i believe.
orcinus

Repetier G-Code vs Printer Type

Postby bdring » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:22 pm

I have RC4. I do not see that feature.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby orcinus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Not sure which RC i'm using, but the about box says 1.1.0.10.

If i choose ORD Bot in the Printer tab and then edit some code in the Ptr G-code tab, then switch the Printer to something else, the custom code under Ptr G-code will disappear and i can add different custom code for that printer. Going back to ORD Bot, it retains the custom code for that printer.

It doesn't make it obvious the custom G-code is per-printer, apart from the fact both tab pages show "Copy Printer" and "Delete Printer" buttons in the bottom right corner of the window.
orcinus

Postby bdring » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:46 pm

I think you are correct. I guess you just need to stumble upon that feature.

Thanks! You saved me some time....especially when I forget to edit out the bed temp on the QD. :D
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

Postby orcinus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Glad to have been of help.

Just BTW, are the heated bed settings in KISS working for you at all?
They seem to be completely ignored on my setup. Whatever the temperature i set the bed to in KISS, the temperature stays to whatever i've preheated it to manually via Repetier Host before starting the print.
orcinus

Postby bdring » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm

It works fine for me. I typically idle the bed 20-40 degrees below run temp then let the firmware take it up to temp.
Bart
bdring
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 3D Printer General Discussion