No build log?...Post Pictures of your laser here

Re: Irfan's laser

Postby irfanulla » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Thankyou - still building - :)
irfanulla

Postby irfanulla » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Hello

Now I have a blue laser controller - not from light object but from thunderlaser , I went this way bcos it came through UPS and not via USPS, well that aside

1. I powered up - the first thing I noticed is when I put on the laser machine it zero's itself right - but I did not have any limits set up so it hit to one side had a grinding sort of noise and then came to a halt

then I was able to move the Y axis in X direction, but when I corrected this, I mean put the wire on to x axis the drive just could not move - maybe speed set up is too high -I think time for more reading

Will keep you folks updated on results.
irfanulla

Postby irfanulla » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Did more work on the laser - seems to work better with new drives from our company www.tinycontrols.com,

but the limits won't work - I think I have to do more reading, the Z axis idlers were made - its pending a few more work, the Z axis belt was also ordered.

have to still order the proximity switch (omron) and a PC817 opto to work with the auto focus option.

have still rotary axis pending -need to know a cheap way to do it though.

Regards
IRfan
Attachments
5.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
irfanulla

Postby J45on » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Looking good Irfan
How have you got your switches wired nc or no ?
I would love some info on how the autofocus works and what sort of sensor it uses
J45on

Videos

Postby irfanulla » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Some of the initial videos

irfanulla

Postby J45on » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Looking good you will be cutting soon :D
J45on

Postby irfanulla » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Not any sooner and not any cheaper - need to order 4 laser tubes - 2 for a friends Yueming machine and two for this machine - still have not laser cut the mirror mounts and the tube mounts - I am designing the mirror mount as I talk, - any idea at what voltage the Nema 23 double stack rated 3 A motors will be comfortable running ? - currently I am pushing 35V DC and they run piping hot! cannot even touch them, I am assuming a 24V PS would do wonders. - I have 2 SMPS PS @ 24V and 2A which I might try tomorrow on these motors.

Regards
Irfan
irfanulla

Previous

Return to Gallery Of Machines