aluminum composite panel 9 color

Where you can find stuff.

aluminum composite panel 9 color

Postby aargelio » Sat May 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Omega-Bond

http://www.laminatorsinc.com/sign-panel ... omega-bond

A 3mm solid core aluminum composite panel that is an economical alternative to DiBond®, ReynoBond®, or Poly-Metal™

Construction:

* Feature double-sided painted aluminum bonded to a solid polyethylene core making them rigid yet lightweight

Benefits:

* Extremely flat, durable, and moisture-resistant
* Factory-baked, polyester paint surface is flat, smooth, and ready for paint, screen print inks, vinyl letters, aqueous, UV cured, or solvent-based inks
* Solid core composition prevents bowing, warping, swelling, and delamination
* Can be easily fabricated with standard shop tools to create a variety of shapes that do not require edge sealing
* Available in 6 combinations and 9 colors for a variety of design options

Recommended Applications:

* Interior and exterior signage
* Digital printing
* POP displays
* Exhibits
* Billboards
* Fascias
* Canopies
* Photo mounting
* Channel letterbacks
* Highway signage
* Scoreboards
Attachments
photo-inset-omega-bond.jpg
aargelio

Re: aluminum composite panel 9 color

Postby Tweakie » Sun May 16, 2010 5:36 am

I have used a similar material for the tube enclosure on my machine. It is very rigid and easy to work with, quite a pleasure really. The only disadvantage, that I found, is that the core is relatively easily compressed so fixings should not be overtightened.

Tweakie.
Tweakie

Postby bdring » Tue May 18, 2010 1:34 pm

Did you cut it on a CNC? Some aluminum does not cut well on my high speed spindle. I just turns to goo and clogs up the bit. Some alumunum like 6061 cuts fine.

If CNC, please describe how you cut it....speed, feed, bit type, etc.
Bart
"If you didn't build it, you will never own it."
bdring
Site Admin

Postby Tweakie » Tue May 18, 2010 3:07 pm

My parts were all cut to size on a saw bench and the small cutouts were done with hand tools. The skin is quite soft and probably more ally than alloy and I can imagine that it may well clog small high speed cutters. When drilling, for example, the drill will want to plunge but overall I still think is it a wonderful and extremely easy material to use.

Tweakie.
Tweakie

Postby lasersafe1 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:21 pm

I just built a laser cleanroom out of another product of theirs called Alumilite. Great stuff, about $100 for a 4 by 8 ft sheet. That's dog cheap compared to a trip to the local Home Depot for some aluminum. I bought it from J. Freeman, Inc.

http://www.jfreeman.com/
lasersafe1

Postby Ben » Wed May 26, 2010 12:35 am

I gave my brother a couple sheets of Alumilite a few weeks ago for a robot he was building. In his case, the Alumilite was the perfect alternative to the solid aluminum panels he was going to use. Unfortunately, either my brother or his partner over tightened the bolts and compressed the Alumilite. :roll:
-Ben

My Lasers:
40w CO2 Laser (Chinese Glass Tube), Directed Energy Inc. 30w RF CO2 Laser (Needs Repair), Laakmann Electro-Optics 20w RF CO2 Laser (Needs Repair), 7-10w RF CO2 Laser
Coherent 12w 808nm FAP LASER DIODE
MELLES GRIOT He-Ne Laser
Ben

Return to Sources for stuff