Ordbot Electronics

Topics Related to the ORD Bot Printer

Ordbot Electronics

Postby te_gui » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Now that it sounds like we are getting closer to shipping on the Ordbots, I need to make a decision on the electronics side. There has been a lot of discussion on various threads on different packages with lots of different options, price points etc. I'm more of a mechanical guy, not a complete novice in the electronic realm but its definitely not my area of expertise.

That being said, is there a crowd favorite direction on an electronics package. I'm looking for something simple, with reasonable documentation and support for those of us non experts. I'm not looking for the cheapest solution or the most bells and whistles, just something that will give me reliable results.

Any thoughts from the community at large?

Thanks

Brian
te_gui

Re: Ordbot Electronics

Postby JeremyBP » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:19 pm

I think your best bet is the RAMPS board. It's easy to use, stable, and capable.
Compulsive Fabricator
http://tinyworkshop.org
JeremyBP

Re: Ordbot Electronics

Postby mxk » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:38 am

All of my printers have the RAMPS electronics, and I've been very pleased with them. With that said, there've been a lot of new developments in the last year or so, the Sanguinololu and Azteeq (hope I got the spellings for those correct, check the reprap wiki for details) both look pretty good and should be comparable as far as ease of use, compatibility, and capabilities for less $$.
mxk

Return to ORD Bot